13.10.15









hearts..


the butterfly sings:

Bird birdie my friend
out of this misery hole of cocoon my home i call my own
the illusory of this mysterious whole i call contained confinement..
i call to see you, the eyes of magic
flutter by again and again
long, before the amber of my ember graduates into the blue hue of a deep deep darkness..

My heart wants to talk to you,
will you give me your ears to feel my words??
will you give me your heart to see my meanings??
will you give me your hips to take my lips??
will you give me your voice to take my thrust??
will you give me your life to take my love??
will you? won't ye??



the bird replies:

I'd love to

may your heart speak when it needs to
and bleed when it has to paint in acrylics
this soul of mine as you see it.

May your ears take in the drums beating inside me;

the music for you my soul will dance..
and our lips sing silent songs of fire.
and light me up inside,
so here am i.
skin and bones, for you to take..
and put me up unto thy silk
where comforts of colours clothes the body of a black woman red..



the butterfly again:

But you sing birdie, you sing..
of not me but you,
in the wide where only us
will live life like the leaves of paradise lost;
swaying carelessly to the caress of the careless wind..

But i dry birdie, i dry
and die birdie, i die- of not you but me
tirelessly trying, to dine with your milk,
and dance with your red art, until the earth becomes blue,
and the sky black, 
and the sun rendering totally to a reddened heart..
for a joint total surrender..
will you, won't ye??


the bird again:

Spread your wings, pretty butterfly

spread your wings but do not fly
do not deny me the glow of your spirit
just spread your wings for me
i want to breathe in your colours
breathe all around me
and tell me you're sweeter than my loneliness
it gets lonely for creatures of the sky
so tell me you're sweeter than my alone
tell me you're eager
to give me your eyes
so i can see through a lens as mystical as yours.


Like birds and butterflies, as our wings takes us

beyond sunsets and moonlight glows
as we soar
to somewhere along where forever
can truly begin..




poetry, art and photography by  Neec | Jan ARt







No comments:

Post a Comment